Houston, TX 77001
An expanding Medical Billing organization has an immediate need for an experienced Contracting & Credentialing Specialist. In this position, you will "wear multiple hats" as you negotiate in-network contracts with insurance carriers, as well as credential practice providers.
Don't miss this temp-to-hire role! This position provides a great opportunity to grow in your career.
CULTURE & PERKS:
Located in West Houston, this growing Medical Billing company is high-energy and fast-paced. Enjoy recognition and rewards for your talent in their fun-spirited office. In addition to a competitive salary, once hired on directly, you can expect the following benefits:
As a temp-to-hire assignment, the opportunity to transition to direct hire occurs after approximately 18 weeks, depending on performance.
To be considered for this role, the successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience: At least 2 years' experience with in-network contracting, as well as 2+ years' with physician and facility credentialing.
- Education: Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Skills: You should be able to manage multiple priorities and projects, someone who is detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills. You must also be familiar with Windows PC applications and be a fast-learner in regards to new technology and programs. Knowledge of CMR, EPower, Practice Fusion, and Centricity will certainly make you stand out!
- Characteristics: This position requires frequent interaction with peer groups, insurance carriers and practice providers, so you should be well-spoken and maintain diplomacy, professionalism, and trustworthiness. It's also a role in which you would "wear multiple hats", so you should be confident in your abilities to juggle priorities, maintain a positive attitude, and be an ambitious team player.
As the Contracting & Credentialing Specialist, you will be responsible for the following:
- Negotiate in-network contracts with insurance carriers for physicians and facilities.
- Credential practice providers including Medicare, Medicaid and Managed Care applications, as well as facilities with insurance carriers.
- Employ hospital-privilege for providers in the practice and work closely with the hospital's credentialing department.
- Coordinate input of physician information into CAQH and Medicare, Medicaid, and hospital database.
- Validate & track the status of CVs, providers licenses, DEA, DPS certificates and specialty certificates continuously.