Bilingual Insurance Verification Specialist
Pearland, TX 77584 US
- Verify patients’ insurance eligibility, benefits, and requirements specifically related to the service scheduled
- Determine patient co-payments and calculates co-insurance and deductibles for both facility and professional services
- Utilize the practice management system’s eligibility media, payer online portals, telephone IVR, and person-to-person contact to obtain pertinent information most efficiently
- Confirm CPT & ICD10 coverage
- Communicate with the patient before the scheduled appointment to confirm the information
- Collect prepayments and schedules prepayment plans
- Meet productivity and quality standards
- Full COVID vaccination is required
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a fast-paced medical office or facility setting with patient registration, appointment scheduling, or medical billing experience is required
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience with medical insurance verification is required
- Familiarity using CPT, ICD-10, and HCPCS coding in a facility setting is preferred
- The position will be working within the Ambulatory Surgery Center at Kelsey Seybold
- Located immediately off Highway 288 with close access to the Pearland Town Center for endless shopping and quality restaurants
- Opportunity to expand your skill set and work for a well-known medical clinic
- Work with an organization whose mission is to improve the quality and value of healthcare delivered in the communities
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Meet Your Recruiter
Olivia Gonzalez, CHP
Olivia received her bachelor’s in human resources from the University of Houston. She joined Team1Medical in 2021 as a Staffing Consultant working to enrich Houston’s healthcare by matching healthcare organizations and top-notch candidates to offer the best patient care. In November 2022, Olivia earned her Certified Health Care Staffing Professional® (CHP) certification. Trustworthy, compassionate and a detailed-oriented communicator, Olivia wants to help people find a job they love. She believes that people are the most important asset to any organization and her goal is to help our candidates and clients in enriching their careers and internal resources.
In her free time, Olivia is an enthusiast of music, movies and relaxing with family and friends.