Bilingual Medical Assistant
Houston, TX 77024 US
- Greet patients, escort them to exam rooms, and prepare for exams or treatment.
- Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- Secure patient information and maintain patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records.
- Assist in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician, and facilitate lab tests and paperwork.
- Triage patient phone calls and call the patient for post-visit follow-ups
- Participate in planning and preparing for upcoming patient visits to ensure appropriate schedule, test results, and physician-specific requirements
- Valid Certification from an accredited Medical Assistant Program or School is preferred.
- Complete Vaccination against COVID-19 is required
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinic or physician’s office is required.
- Strong attention to detail, written and verbal communication, and time management skills are highly preferred.
- Experience in eCW: EMR is a plus
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
- Free Parking
- The building is in the Memorial City Area, with close access to various restaurants and shopping outlets to enjoy during breaks and lunch.
- Once hired full-time by our client, our client offers a competitive benefits package, which includes a 401k, partially paid healthcare insurance, and a generous PTO plan.
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Meet Your Recruiter
Olivia Gonzalez, CHP
Olivia received her bachelor’s in human resources from the University of Houston. She joined Team1Medical in 2021 as a Staffing Consultant working to enrich Houston’s healthcare by matching healthcare organizations and top-notch candidates to offer the best patient care. In November 2022, Olivia earned her Certified Health Care Staffing Professional® (CHP) certification. Trustworthy, compassionate and a detailed-oriented communicator, Olivia wants to help people find a job they love. She believes that people are the most important asset to any organization and her goal is to help our candidates and clients in enriching their careers and internal resources.
In her free time, Olivia is an enthusiast of music, movies and relaxing with family and friends.