Bilingual Public Health Educator
Houston, TX 77020 US
- Collaborate with the DAWN Program to provide health education to members, program outreach to each educational class to the community, and support multiple locations.
- Plan, organize, and develop health education programs that meet community needs.
- Collect data and perform research to assist in developing, pretesting, and evaluating health-related education techniques and materials.
- Schedule and present health education programs and seminars for community and private sector groups.
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with the community and private sectors through advisory and committee participation.
- Prepare or assist with the practice of health education pamphlets, visual aids, or special projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Behavioral Science, or a related field, such as Public Health, is required.
- No experience is required.
- Experience with providing health education and diabetes education taught in Spanish is a strong plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
- Must have a Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check.
- Work Schedule: Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Help to improve the health of area citizens in your community.
- Opportunity to develop your skills and gain more experience.
- As part of the onboarding process, your immunization records will be verified, and immunizations will be administered for any outdated boosters on your first day of employment.
- During employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Meet Your Recruiter
Taylor joined Team1Medical in 2022, having started her career in the industrial industry sourcing, recruiting, and managing more than 50 employees throughout the Houston and Seattle area. She enjoys meeting new people and says that her integrity, compassion, and loyalty are the reasons why candidates and clients trust her. Taylor believes that finding the right person for a role is like finding the right piece to a puzzle, very rewarding.
Outside of the office, Taylor is constantly on a mission to make her next adventure better than the last.