Tampa, FL 33619 US
- Monitor referral volume, and workflow, and delegate all activities related to tissue donor screening and donor disclosure to ensure policies and procedures are followed and appropriately managed.
- Work on shift completing donor evaluations to determine medical suitability based on the established criteria and ability to perform all responsibilities to approach a process to communicate donation opportunities with the legal NOK per state statute, conduct the medical and social history interview, and perform donor disclosure processes.
- Complete timely and appropriate documentation of all processes following the established procedures.
- Communicate with the hospital, medical examiner, or funeral home to address issues, concerns, and feedback to the appropriate direct personnel.
- Routinely facilitate training objectives for all processes, including all departmental quality review activities, identify training needs, and communicate with leadership routinely.
- Coach and mentor staff on shift to ensure professional interactions and compliance.
- Arrange and provide coverage on shift while working scheduled shifts.
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in medical billing, coding, paramedic/EMT, or LPN is required.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a leadership role with a demonstrated ability to mentor teams and lead training objectives is required.
- Working experience in a related tissue banking position or appropriate experience in a medical environment or social services field is highly recommended.
- Strong attention to detail, written and verbal communication, time management, and organizational skills are required; must be comfortable communicating with grieving family members.
- The ability to lift up to 25 lbs. is required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check.
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm, with some weekends and holidays. *Special circumstances may require additional hours.
- The location of the building is immediately of Selmon Expressway and Highway 301, with close access to the Brandon Mall, various shopping outlets, and restaurants to enjoy during breaks and lunchtime.
- You can apply for the organization’s benefits package, which includes PTO, medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, and more!