Houston, TX 77054 US
- Assist in the Quality Assurance process for reporting notifiable diseases, electronic lab reports, and internal performance reports
- Plan, design, conduct, and coordinate epidemiological investigations of disease and bioterrorism-related activities
- Report to the Epidemiologist Manager or Supervisor, depending on the area of expertise
- Analyze Department databases for a wide variety of disease indicators for possible bioterrorism
- Perform statistical tests to complete data analysis for the scientific publications
- Support field investigations and surveillance of disease and bioterrorism-related activities
- A Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, or Biostatistics with at least two advanced statistical courses taken during the graduate program is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience in public health, epidemiology, or biostatistics and at least two years of biostatistics experience are required.
- Previous work experience reviewing QA datasets and creating actionable items to improve data quality is required.
- Ability to pass a skills test in statistical or script development programming
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with written and verbal communication skills are a plus.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drugs screen and criminal background check
- Work Schedule of Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
- Help to improve the health of area citizens in your community
- Opportunity to develop your skills and gain more experience
- As part of the onboarding process, your immunization records will be verified, and immunizations will be administered for any outdated boosters on your first day of employment
- Located near the NRG Stadium area offering free covered parking close to area restaurants and shopping
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Meet Your Recruiter
Taylor joined Team1Medical in 2022, having started her career in the industrial industry sourcing, recruiting, and managing more than 50 employees throughout the Houston and Seattle area. She enjoys meeting new people and says that her integrity, compassion, and loyalty are the reasons why candidates and clients trust her. Taylor believes that finding the right person for a role is like finding the right piece to a puzzle, very rewarding.
Outside of the office, Taylor is constantly on a mission to make her next adventure better than the last.