Licensed Vocational Nurse
Houston, TX 77091 US
- Maintain knowledge of CDC-recommended vaccines and administer age-appropriate immunizations.
- Interview clients and document medical and psychosocial information in the EMR
- Perform phlebotomy, collect urine samples, pregnancy tests, vital signs, patient histories, etc.
- Perform quality assurance checks on lab specimens and prepare them for transport.
- Administer tuberculosis skin tests as needed.
- Assist Midlevel Providers and Physicians with tracking and monitoring abnormal lab results and rescheduling lapsed appointments.
- Assist with linking patients to care by coordinating activities with the HIV RN Manager, HIV Linkage to Care Worker, and practitioners.
- Dispense prescribed medication according to Pharmacy D regulations and HCPH procedures and protocols.
- Maintain confidentiality of client’s information.
- An Associate or Bachelor’s in Nursing is required
- A current Texas LVN License is required
- A minimum of 2 years of nursing experience in medical clinics, private practice, or public health settings is required.
- EMR Epic experience is required
- CPR Certification is required
- Must be willing to travel to different locations within Harris County daily; a Valid Texas Driver’s License will be required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
- The position requires flexibility to work from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm, Monday through Saturday.
- Large, growing Healthcare System helping the residents of Houston, Texas
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Meet Your Recruiter
Taylor joined Team1Medical in 2022, having started her career in the industrial industry sourcing, recruiting, and managing more than 50 employees throughout the Houston and Seattle area. She enjoys meeting new people and says that her integrity, compassion, and loyalty are the reasons why candidates and clients trust her. Taylor believes that finding the right person for a role is like finding the right piece to a puzzle, very rewarding.
Outside of the office, Taylor is constantly on a mission to make her next adventure better than the last.