Medical Assistant - Allergy Tester
Shenandoah, TX 77380 US
- Perform Allergy Skin Testing, Vial Safety Tests, Allergy Injections, and Pulmonary Lung Function Testing (PFT)
- Review Allergy Testing Results with the patient
- Calculate Allergy Doses
- Respond to Allergic Reactions and provide Anaphylaxis Treatment
- Provide clear patient education and instructions
- Review the Allergy Lab Orders and Telephone Encounters
- Review all medications and medical histories of patients before appointments
- Research unknown medications
- Schedule appointments for allergy testing and vial safety tests
- A minimum of 2 years of Medical Assistant experience required
- Current CPR [Cardiopulmonary resuscitation] Certificate
- Compounding or allergy antigen mixing experience is preferred
- Knowledge of obtaining prior authorizations is highly preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred
- Knowledge of eClinical Works is a strong plus
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
- Great opportunity to grow with the company
- Opportunity to help patients obtain positive allergy and ENT outcomes
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Competitive benefits include 401K, partially paid health insurance, and a generous PTO plan.
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Meet Your Recruiter
Olivia Gonzalez, CHP
Olivia received her bachelor’s in human resources from the University of Houston. She joined Team1Medical in 2021 as a Staffing Consultant working to enrich Houston’s healthcare by matching healthcare organizations and top-notch candidates to offer the best patient care. In November 2022, Olivia earned her Certified Health Care Staffing Professional® (CHP) certification. Trustworthy, compassionate and a detailed-oriented communicator, Olivia wants to help people find a job they love. She believes that people are the most important asset to any organization and her goal is to help our candidates and clients in enriching their careers and internal resources.
In her free time, Olivia is an enthusiast of music, movies and relaxing with family and friends.