Medical Assistant I
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77030 | Location: Medical Center
Employment Type: Temporary | Workplace Type: On-site
Healthcare Specialty: Neurology | Salary: $16 to $21 an hour
Do you want to work with a team of people who are passionate about what they do? Do you have a passion for making a difference in your community? One of the premier Neurology clinics in the Houston Medical Center is seeking a Medical Assistant I who will perform patient care and aid clerical and administrative staff. If this is your time to make a difference in your community, apply today!
Medical Assistant I’s Responsibilities
- Perform triage responsibilities such as taking vital signs, collecting specimens, performing phlebotomy, and wound care
- Perform clerical and administrative responsibilities such as filing and scanning patient medical records and obtaining lab or x-ray reports, hospital notes, and referral information
- Collect patient history, perform medication reconciliation, and enter information in the electronic medical record
- Conduct patient outreach phone calls
Medical Assistant I’s Qualifications
- Complete Vaccination against COVID-19 required
- Medical Assistant Certification through an accredited program is required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Medical Assistant is required
- Experience in a specialty practice preferred
- EMR - Epic experience is a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is a strong plus
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- Numerous tenured professionals with experience and knowledge from which to learn
- $10 per day parking reimbursement
- Located in the Medical Center with close access to Park-N-Ride or Metrorail accessible.
- Work Schedule Monday – Friday; 8 am to 5 pm
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $16 to $21 an hour
If you are looking for a new opportunity that will allow you to make an impact in your community, we want to hear from you!
Team1Medical is one of the most trusted medical staffing agencies in Houston, TX. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com.
Team1Medical is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.