Zip Code: Houston, TX 77036 | Location: Southwest Houston
Employment Type: Temporary | Workplace Type: On-site
Healthcare Specialty: Public Health | Salary: $18 an hour
Client Company: Harris County’s Public Health Department
Team1Medical is working with Harris County Public Health to fill their multiple openings for Medical Assistants to support their Refugee Health Screening clinic. Join their team immediately to provide health assessment to the community of all age groups.
Medical Assistant’s Responsibilities
- Perform phlebotomy (including capillary and venous draws), urine collection, pregnancy tests, lead testing, and vital signs.
- Prepare and label samples (stools for parasites, blood, sputum, etc.) for transport to appropriate laboratories.
- Maintain laboratory and exam rooms for daily operation in a neat, clean, and orderly manner established following strict infection control measures.
Medical Assistant’s Qualifications
- Certification from an accredited Medical Assistant program is required.
- Two (2) years of work experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinic or physician's office
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, Arabic, Russian, or Chinese is not required but highly preferred.
Company Culture & Perks
- The clinic is located just off the Southwest Freeway with easy access on and off the freeway and has close access to several shopping areas and multiple restaurants.
- During employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $18 an hour
Experienced Medical Assistants looking to take their career should apply today and work with a group that values your commitment to patients and their help, Apply Now!
Team1Medical is one of the most trusted medical staffing agencies in the United States. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com.
Team1Medical, A Reserves Network Company, is a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.