Houston, TX 77094 US
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics, and other important information, such as test results
- Assist in outpatient procedures.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician
- Set up instruments and equipment according to department protocol
- Obtains prior authorizations as needed
- Performs phlebotomy
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, or physicians' instructions to patients and their caregivers.
- High School Diploma or GED is required; a Certificate of completion from an accredited Medical Assistant program or school is preferred.
- A minimum of 2+ years of recent Medical Assistant experience is required
- Current CPR [Cardiopulmonary resuscitation] Certificate
- Knowledge of obtaining prior authorizations is highly preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred
- Knowledge of eClinical Works is a strong plus
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
- Great opportunity to grow with the company
- Opportunity to help patients obtain positive allergy and ENT outcomes
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 am – 5 pm, with no weekends!
- Once hired full-time, you can apply for a competitive benefits package that includes a 401K, partially paid health insurance, and a generous PTO plan.
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Meet Your Recruiter
Olivia Gonzalez, CHP
Olivia received her bachelor’s in human resources from the University of Houston. She joined Team1Medical in 2021 as a Staffing Consultant working to enrich Houston’s healthcare by matching healthcare organizations and top-notch candidates to offer the best patient care. In November 2022, Olivia earned her Certified Health Care Staffing Professional® (CHP) certification. Trustworthy, compassionate and a detailed-oriented communicator, Olivia wants to help people find a job they love. She believes that people are the most important asset to any organization and her goal is to help our candidates and clients in enriching their careers and internal resources.
In her free time, Olivia is an enthusiast of music, movies and relaxing with family and friends.