Medical Biller / Coder
Humble, TX 77338
A large cardiovascular center in North Houston is searching for a high-volume Biller and Coder to join their team on a permanent basis. Ideal candidate would thrive in a fast-paced environment and have previous experience performing prior authorizations in a specialty clinic.
Medical Biller and Coder Responsibilities:
- Enter insurance claims information such as patient, insurance ID, diagnosis and treatment codes and modifiers, and provider information.
- Ensure claim information is complete and accurate.
- Submit insurance claims to clearinghouse or individual insurance companies electronically or via paper CMS-1500 form.
- Answer patient questions on patient responsible portions, copays, deductibles, and write-off’s.
- Submit secondary claims upon processing by primary insurer when necessary.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines in handling patient information.
- Insurance Verification.
- Ability to look up ICD 10 diagnosis and CPT treatment codes from online service or using traditional coding references.
Medical Biller / Coder Qualifications:
To be considered for the Biller/Coder position, you will need the following:
- 3+ years’ experience in a high-volume Billing and coding role
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with strong attention to detail
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience in a cardiovascular clinic preferred
- Experience with hospital billing and coding required
Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. The successful applicant will have to get up to speed quickly after hired and therefore, the client will only consider those who meet all the criteria listed above.
Company culture & perks:
- Large growing cardiovascular center in the North Houston area.
- Free parking and easy access to major freeways.
- Starbucks in the lobby!
- Generous benefits package after 90 days of employment including 401K matching, PTO, and 100% paid health insurance.
- Work scrubs provided to employee after 90 days of employment.
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- When you work as a contract employee through Team1Medical Staffing, you are eligible to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
If you are an ambitious Prior Authorizations Specialist looking for a new opportunity, apply today!