Medical Biller and Coder
Houston, TX 77002 US
- Assign codes for diagnoses and procedures using ICD and CPT coding
- Ensure codes are accurate and sequenced correctly following government and insurance regulations
- Follow up with provider on any documentation that is insufficient or unclear
- Communicate with various staff members regarding documentation
- Research information with cases that have complex or unusual coding
- Receive and review patient charts and documents for accuracy
- Review previous patient notes for evaluation and coding
- High School Diploma or GED is required; an Associate’s degree is preferred
- Experience in medical billing or a related field is highly preferred
- Familiarity with ICD-9 codes and procedures is required
- Working knowledge of medical jargon, anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with superior math skills are highly preferred
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
- The work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with no weekends!
- Opportunity to improve your community public health
- The building is in the heart of Downtown Houston surrounded by various restaurants, shopping outlets, and scenic art sculptures to enjoy during lunchtime.
- Opportunity to work with a public health agency to serve the greater part of Harris County
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Meet Your Recruiter
Taylor joined Team1Medical in 2022, having started her career in the industrial industry sourcing, recruiting, and managing more than 50 employees throughout the Houston and Seattle area. She enjoys meeting new people and says that her integrity, compassion, and loyalty are the reasons why candidates and clients trust her. Taylor believes that finding the right person for a role is like finding the right piece to a puzzle, very rewarding.
Outside of the office, Taylor is constantly on a mission to make her next adventure better than the last.