Medical Laboratory Technologist
Houston, TX 77054 US
- Quarantine units as required and follow all safety regulations concerning the handling of biohazard materials including cleaning work area, centrifuges, and master trays
- Process sample tubes by centrifuging and placing them in master trays in the correct order and enters tubes into LB-Trays in the computer
- Process outside testing samples by recording and applying GC bar codes and entering the computer with the correct client code
- Perform computer searches, matches, verifications, and printouts as assigned and identifies possible tube errors using computer-assisted programs
- Initiate troubleshooting of equipment and resolution of problems and report the outcome to the Supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED required
- An Associate degree from an accredited college or university and completion of an accredited MLT Program or associates degree, and completion of a 50-week US military medical technology laboratory course preferred
- ASCP certification is a strong plus
- Experience in quality control and quality assurance is a plus
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
- Located near NRG Stadium with close access to various restaurants and shopping outlets
- Work with a company that values Commitment, Integrity, and Respect toward their employees and patients
- Opportunity for career advancement with a trusted organization
- Once hired full-time, you can enroll in competitive compensation and benefits package!
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Meet Your Recruiter
Olivia Gonzalez, CHP
Olivia received her bachelor’s in human resources from the University of Houston. She joined Team1Medical in 2021 as a Staffing Consultant working to enrich Houston’s healthcare by matching healthcare organizations and top-notch candidates to offer the best patient care. In November 2022, Olivia earned her Certified Health Care Staffing Professional® (CHP) certification. Trustworthy, compassionate and a detailed-oriented communicator, Olivia wants to help people find a job they love. She believes that people are the most important asset to any organization and her goal is to help our candidates and clients in enriching their careers and internal resources.
In her free time, Olivia is an enthusiast of music, movies and relaxing with family and friends.