Medical Laboratory Technologist
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77030 | Location: Texas Medical Center
Employment Type: Temporary | Workplace Type: On-site
Healthcare Specialty: Laboratory | Salary: $22 - $27 an hour
A prominent healthcare organization is partnering with Team1Medical to seek a Medical Laboratory Technologist! This role will collect and process specimen samples for various collection testing. Here is an excellent opportunity for those whose curiosity, imaginative skills, and a strong desire to aid people in their time of need. If you are ready to positively influence the community, submit your resume today and see where this opportunity can take you!
Medical Laboratory Technologist’s Responsibilities
- Organize computer orders with specimen labeling, sorted specimens, and checked specimen delivery.
- Maintain quality results by running standards and controls and verify equipment function through routine maintenance.
- Serve as a technical resource by participating in staff training.
- Identify and communicate abnormal patient conditions by alerting supervisory personnel.
- Contribute to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers.
Medical Laboratory Technologist’s Qualifications
- An associate or bachelor's degree in medical technology is required; ASCP certification is not required but is highly recommended.
- A minimum of 1 – 3 years of related work experience is required.
- Experience in quality control and quality assurance is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, written and verbal communication, and time management skills are required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check.
Company Culture & Perks
- $10 Parking Reimbursement
- The building is in the Medical Center, with close access to Metro Park-n-Ride Stations and diverse restaurants to enjoy during breaks and lunchtime.
- Work with a company that values Commitment, Integrity, and Respect toward their employees and patients.
- Opportunity for career advancement with a trusted healthcare organization.
- During employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $22 - $27 an hour
Take action to answer the call and provide aid for the community - Submit your resume today and see where this opportunity can take you!
Team1Medical is one of the most trusted medical staffing agencies in the United States. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com.
Team1Medical, A Reserves Network Company, is a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify, and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.
Be sure to click on the link and apply for this opportunity today. For more information or questions, call our office at 713-590-2980.