Medical Services Specialist
Houston, TX 77036 US
- Perform receptionist duties such as routing clients related to patient registration, capturing encounters, documenting third-party insurance, and handling telephone calls.
- Receive and monitor interpreter and taxi providers at the clinic
- Provide translation services for clinical staff when needed
- Schedule patient referral appointments to approved external medical agencies and notifies the Nurse Navigator and Outreach Coordinators as requested
- Follow approved medical record policies and procedures, including those dealing with client confidentiality
- Retrieve, file, and ensure that medical records are available for client care
- Prepare medical records for document imaging and scanning following HCPH Health Information medical record protocols
- Process release of information requests promptly based on the direction of the RHSP Site Supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED required
- A minimum of 2 years as a Medical Receptionist or Patient Access Representative experience in a clinic or physician’s office
- Prefers Bilingual in one of the following languages Spanish, Arabic, Dari, Pashto, and Swahili
- Standard business work schedule to include Monday thru Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen
- Opportunity to make a difference in the community that you live in
- Aid the refugee community by offering public health services for them and their families
- Southwest location offers easy access on and off the highway close to area shopping and restaurants
- Snack and small deli located in the building
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Meet Your Recruiter
Taylor joined Team1Medical in 2022, having started her career in the industrial industry sourcing, recruiting, and managing more than 50 employees throughout the Houston and Seattle area. She enjoys meeting new people and says that her integrity, compassion, and loyalty are the reasons why candidates and clients trust her. Taylor believes that finding the right person for a role is like finding the right piece to a puzzle, very rewarding.
Outside of the office, Taylor is constantly on a mission to make her next adventure better than the last.