Patient Access Representative
Houston, TX 77030 US
- Screen and schedule appointments for new patients
- Collect insurance information and financial and consent data during the intake process.
- Communicate with patients’ referral sources, financial clearance center, and treatment team regarding patient access and financial matters.
- Verify data during new patient registration
- Elaborate financial obligations to patients
- Provide explanations on medical overrides and account reviews
- Ensure all communications with payers, patients, and the treatment team is captured and documented
- Contribute to performance improvement initiatives
- High School Diploma or GED is required; An Associate’s Degree is preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in healthcare, insurance, or a related field is required
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a patient access setting is preferred
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail are highly preferred
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
- The work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
- $10 Parking Reimbursement
- The building is in the Medical Center with close access to Metrorail Park-N-Ride stations.
- Opportunity to develop your skills and gain more experience
- Once hired full-time, you can apply for a comprehensive benefits package including a Pension Plan, 100% paid PPO plan, and generous PTO package.
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Meet Your Recruiter
Olivia Gonzalez, CHP
Olivia received her bachelor’s in human resources from the University of Houston. She joined Team1Medical in 2021 as a Staffing Consultant working to enrich Houston’s healthcare by matching healthcare organizations and top-notch candidates to offer the best patient care. In November 2022, Olivia earned her Certified Health Care Staffing Professional® (CHP) certification. Trustworthy, compassionate and a detailed-oriented communicator, Olivia wants to help people find a job they love. She believes that people are the most important asset to any organization and her goal is to help our candidates and clients in enriching their careers and internal resources.
In her free time, Olivia is an enthusiast of music, movies and relaxing with family and friends.