Patient Account Representative
Bellaire, TX 77401 US
- Perform job functions related to bad debt collections, billing, follow-up, payment posting, refunds, and credit balances.
- Work on billing claims, collection agency invoices and charges, payments, insurance follow-up, Medicare and Medicaid processes, liens, attorney requests, refunds, and credit balance reports.
- Ensure payments and other Revenue Cycle operations meet the contract, governmental, and reimbursement guidelines.
- Assist management with daily operations in billing and collections of patient accounts, payment posting, bad debt agencies, and following up on payors.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in healthcare, call center, and patient accounts is required.
- EMR experience is required
- Strong verbal and written communication, time management, and interpersonal skills are highly preferred
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and criminal background checks
- The building is immediately off 610 Loop, with close access to shopping outlets and diverse restaurants.
- Work for an accredited healthcare institution to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home.
- Improve the health of those most in need in the Houston area through quality care delivery, coordination of care, and education.
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Meet Your Recruiter
Olivia Gonzalez, CHP
Olivia received her bachelor’s in human resources from the University of Houston. She joined Team1Medical in 2021 as a Staffing Consultant working to enrich Houston’s healthcare by matching healthcare organizations and top-notch candidates to offer the best patient care. In November 2022, Olivia earned her Certified Health Care Staffing Professional® (CHP) certification. Trustworthy, compassionate and a detailed-oriented communicator, Olivia wants to help people find a job they love. She believes that people are the most important asset to any organization and her goal is to help our candidates and clients in enriching their careers and internal resources.
In her free time, Olivia is an enthusiast of music, movies and relaxing with family and friends.