Patient Account Representative
Houston, TX 77004 US
- Contact patients to complete pre-registration; collect data, including patient demographic information, identification, and insurance or third-party payer information.
- Prepare paperwork for day surgery, outpatient procedure, clinic visit, admission and pre-admission, and Emergency Center registration.
- Notify patients about 3rd-party payer referral requirements, insurance benefits, and patient liability; secure and document commitment for payment of the patient liability, including payment options for deductibles, co-pays, or estimated fees.
- Communicate all registration issues or patient problems to Patient Access Lead.
- Complete Medicare/Medicaid questionnaires with Medicare/Medicaid patients.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a Customer Service oriented environment is required.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Program is required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check.
- Work Schedule: 7:00 am – 3:45 pm, Monday through Friday, with no weekends!
- The building is located near two Universities, various restaurants, and parks nearby to enjoy during breaks and lunchtime!
- Work for an accredited healthcare institution to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home.
- Improve the health of those most in need in the Houston area through quality care delivery, coordination of care, and education.
- During employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Meet Your Recruiter
Olivia Gonzalez, CHP
Olivia received her bachelor’s in human resources from the University of Houston. She joined Team1Medical in 2021 as a Staffing Consultant working to enrich Houston’s healthcare by matching healthcare organizations and top-notch candidates to offer the best patient care. In November 2022, Olivia earned her Certified Health Care Staffing Professional® (CHP) certification. Trustworthy, compassionate and a detailed-oriented communicator, Olivia wants to help people find a job they love. She believes that people are the most important asset to any organization and her goal is to help our candidates and clients in enriching their careers and internal resources.
In her free time, Olivia is an enthusiast of music, movies and relaxing with family and friends.