Patient Account Representative
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77081 | Location: Southwest Houston
Employment Type: Temp-to-hire | Workplace Type: On-site
Healthcare Specialty: Billing Services | Salary: $17 - $19 an hour
Do you have experience working in billing for the healthcare industry? A Houston-based healthcare organization is seeking a Patient Account Representative to join their team. As a Patient Account Representative, you will perform various job functions like billing, follow-ups, and ensure payments follow through. If you seek a position with an accredited healthcare organization that values the community’s public health, this position is for you. Submit your resume today!
Patient Account Representative’s Responsibilities
- Utilize payor websites to obtain information on eligibility, EOBs, claim status, and online inquiries.
- Ensure work queues are worked daily and monitor follow-up activities.
- Report payment variances, claim rejections, payor reimbursement issues, or other system issues immediately to management.
- Monitor account reimbursement daily to ensure that payments are accurate and processed promptly.
- Update patient demographic, insurance, and other patient information.
- Review patient accounts to determine the following collection action and arrange payment arrangement or discount, proceed with legal action, or conduct additional insurance follow-up.
Patient Account Representative’s Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in healthcare, call center, and patient accounts is required.
- Must understand primary insurance carriers
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is not required but is highly recommended
- EMR experience is highly preferred
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm or 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, with no weekends!
- The building is immediately off 610 Loop, with close access to shopping outlets and diverse restaurants.
- Improve the health of those most in need in the Houston area through quality care delivery, coordination of care, and education.
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $17 - $19 an hour
Take this opportunity to work with one of Houston’s immense healthcare organizations to promote public health in the community. Apply today!
Team1Medical is one of the most trusted medical staffing agencies in the United States. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com
Team1Medical, A Reserves Network Company, is a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify, and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.
Be sure to click on the link and apply for this opportunity today. For more information or questions, call our office at 713-590-2980.