Podiatry Medical Billing and Collections
Humble, TX 77338 US
- Ensure daily accomplishments work towards the company’s goal for cash collections and A/R over 90 days
- Research outstanding balances and takes necessary collection actions to resolve them promptly.
- Resubmit accurate and timely claims in formats including but not limited to CMS-1500 and electronic 837
- Submit letters of appeals for denied claims
- Review insurance remittance advice for accuracy
- Identify billing errors, short payments, overpayments, and unpaid claims and resolve them accordingly with any needed system changes.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience is required.
- Orthopedic billing/collection knowledge is a plus.
- Epic experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of the healthcare industry, including medical claim processing, subrogation, ICD-10 Diagnosis Codes, CPT procedures coding, HCPC Codes, HCFA 1500, and UB-02 claim forms
- Strong understanding of plan documents and insurance policies with the experience and ability to process a high quota of claims on a routine basis
- Must be able to thrive within a fast-paced environment while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Work Schedule Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
- The building is just off 59 north and has a Starbucks in the building!
- When hired for a full-time position, you can apply for medical benefits such as health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, and bonus opportunities!
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!