Prior Authorization Specialist
Zip Code: Houston, TX 77040 | Location: Northwest Houston | Highway 290 North
Employment Type: Temp-to-hire | Workplace Type: On-site
Healthcare Specialty: Billing Services | Salary: $20 - $24 an hour
Enter the role of the Prior Authorization Specialist to impact one of Houston's prominent healthcare resource organizations. Join a leading healthcare resource facility where you will oversee obtaining the required pre-certifications, pre-authorizations, and referrals for all services accurately and timely. Today is the day to submit your resume and see where this opportunity will take you!
Prior Authorization Specialist’s Responsibilities
- Generate, verify, and oversee the complete procedure authorization/referral process.
- Manage and resolve day-to-day issues about pre-authorization
- Obtain authorization by fax, payer website, or by phone, and follow up regularly on pending cases
- Communicate effectively with other departments regarding changes and updates with patient accounts and status
Prior Authorization Specialist’s Qualifications
- A High School Diploma or GED is required
- Two (2) years of medical office or facility setting experience is required
- Essential knowledge within and out of network insurance, insurance verification, patient responsibility, and process for prior authorization is required
- Familiarity with ICD-10 and CPT codes and procedures is required
Company Culture & Perks
- Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The location of this position is in the Northwest Houston region off Highway 290.
- During employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $20 - $24 an hour
Submit your resume today and see where this opportunity can take you in your career!
Team1Medical is one of the most trusted medical staffing agencies in the United States. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com.
Team1Medical, A Reserves Network Company, is a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.