Prior Authorization Specialist
Humble, TX 77338
A large cardiovascular center in North Houston is searching for a high-volume Prior Authorization Specialist to join their team on a permanent basis. The ideal candidate would strive in a fast-paced environment and has previous experience working doing insurance verification in a specialty clinic.
Prior Authorization Specialist Responsibilities
- Complies pre-certification information and forwards to insurance company to establish medical necessity and prior approval.
- Performs regular follow-up calls with insurance companies checking status of prior authorization request. Submits additional documentation, if required.
- Notifies patients of any deductible and/or coinsurance due at time of service
- Contacts patients directly when necessary to obtain additional insurance information.
- Handles activities related to verification of insurance benefits for patients if necessary
Prior Authorization Specialist Qualifications
To be considered for the Prior Authorization Specialist position, you will need the following:
- 3+ years’ experience in a high-volume Insurance Verification/Prior Authorization role
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with strong attention to detail
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Experience in a cardiovascular clinic preferred
- Experience with Athena and eClinical Works preferred
Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. The successful applicant will have to get up to speed quickly after hired and therefore, the client will only consider those who meet all the criteria listed above.
Company culture & perks
- A large growing cardiovascular center in the North Houston area.
- Free parking and easy access to major freeways.
- Starbucks in the lobby!
- Generous benefits package after 90 days of employment including 401K matching, PTO, and 100% paid health insurance.
- Work scrubs provided to employee after 90 days of employment.
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- When you work as a contract employee through Team1Medical Staffing, you are eligible to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
If you are an ambitious Insurance Verification Specialist looking for a new opportunity, apply today!