Prior Authorization Specialist
Zip Code: Humble, TX 77338 | Location: North Houston
Employment Type: Temp-to-hire | Workplace Type: On-site
Healthcare Specialty: Billing Services | Salary: $16 to $19 an hour
An accredited cardiovascular center in North Houston is searching for a high-volume Prior Authorization Specialist to join their team. The ideal candidate will strive in a fast-paced environment and have previous experience working with insurance verification in a specialty clinic. Now is the time to take this opportunity to apply for a position that will help your career excel. Don’t wait for this chance to be gone -- apply today!
Prior Authorization Specialist’s Responsibilities
- Comply with pre-certification information and forward it to the insurance company to establish medical necessity and prior approval
- Perform regular follow-up calls with insurance companies to check the status of the prior authorization requests
- Notify patients of any deductible and coinsurance due at the time of service
- Contact patients directly when necessary to obtain additional insurance information.
- Handle activities related to verification of insurance benefits for patients if necessary
Prior Authorization Specialist’s Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 3 years of experience required
- Experience in an ambulatory center or hospital setting preferred
- Epic experience is a strong plus
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
Company Culture & Perks
- The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
- Large growing cardiovascular center in the North Houston area with a Starbucks in the lobby!
- Free parking and easy access to major freeways.
- Generous benefits package after 90 days of employment including 401K matching, PTO, and 100% paid health insurance
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Salary: $16 to $19 an hour
If you have experience with medical billing, don’t wait for this opportunity to pass – Apply Today!
Team1Medical is one of the most trusted medical staffing agencies in Houston, TX. Our team believes in the importance of learning who you are as a person and a professional. We offer Direct Hire, Temp-to-hire, and PRN positions to allow you to choose the opportunities that best fit your needs. Whether you are an experienced professional or just launching your career, Team1Medical will invest in your success. View more open positions at www.team1medical.com.
Team1Medical is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1987, we have been a trusted partner to employers and job seekers within the healthcare community. As an equal-opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today.