Psychiatric Nursing Assistant
Kerrville, TX 78028 US
- Utilize therapeutic communication skills to promptly engage patients to assist them in meeting the objectives of their recovery plans.
- Provide care to age-specific patients assigned by the Registered Nurse and assist with daily living activities, hygiene, and eating to improve independence and self-care.
- Monitor patients and provide observation to ensure the health and safety of all people; Escort the patient to their appointments as required.
- Serve as a liaison to the recovery or admissions team, and provide ongoing, verbal, and written communication concerning patients’ progress, or lack thereof, to their individualized goals.
- Assist the licensed nurse in preparing patients for medication administration or treatment, including recording and monitoring vital signs and performing other assigned tasks.
- Respond effectively in crisis or psychiatric emergencies, verbal de-escalation, and applying TIPS (Treatment Intervention Protection Strategies) under the direct supervision of an RN to avert the crisis to ensure the safety of all patients.
- An associate's or bachelor's degree in nursing is required.
- License as a Nursing Assistant by the State of Texas is required.
- A minimum of 2+ years as a nursing assistant is required; experience in an inpatient psychiatric clinic setting is highly recommended.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in computer, documentation, and reporting skills are required.
- Strong attention to detail, customer service, and written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check.
- Work Schedule: Depending on your training, you can choose from 6:30 am – 3:00 pm, 2:30 pm – 11:00 pm, and 10:30 pm – 7:00 am, and days off will rotate every week.
- Work with a healthcare organization known worldwide for its research and advancements in healthcare.
- During employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Meet Your Recruiter
Olivia Gonzalez, CHP
Olivia received her bachelor’s in human resources from the University of Houston. She joined Team1Medical in 2021 as a Staffing Consultant working to enrich Houston’s healthcare by matching healthcare organizations and top-notch candidates to offer the best patient care. In November 2022, Olivia earned her Certified Health Care Staffing Professional® (CHP) certification. Trustworthy, compassionate and a detailed-oriented communicator, Olivia wants to help people find a job they love. She believes that people are the most important asset to any organization and her goal is to help our candidates and clients in enriching their careers and internal resources.
In her free time, Olivia is an enthusiast of music, movies and relaxing with family and friends.