Public Health Clerk
Houston, TX 77004 US
- Conduct outreach, health education, and health programming with the community.
- Schedule appointments for new and returning patients via computer and provide routine information promptly
- Register new patients and input new and returning patient information
- Provide information and directions to patients and visitors by operating electronic telephone equipment, including the PBX console
- Retrieve and assemble medical records for patient services
- File laboratory results and loose reports in that patient’s medical charts
- Greet and direct patients or visitors to the appropriate clinic area for their appointments
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- A minimum of 6 months of clerical experience is required
- Experience with community engagement and outreach is highly preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, Vietnamese, or Mandarin is required
- Must have a Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drugs screen and criminal background check
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with no weekends.
- Help to improve the health of area citizens in your community
- Opportunity to develop your skills and gain more experience
- During employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Meet Your Recruiter
Taylor joined Team1Medical in 2022, having started her career in the industrial industry sourcing, recruiting, and managing more than 50 employees throughout the Houston and Seattle area. She enjoys meeting new people and says that her integrity, compassion, and loyalty are the reasons why candidates and clients trust her. Taylor believes that finding the right person for a role is like finding the right piece to a puzzle, very rewarding.
Outside of the office, Taylor is constantly on a mission to make her next adventure better than the last.