Houston, TX 77046
- Maintains ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on referrals to promote team awareness and ensure patient safety
- Assembles information concerning patient's clinical background and referral needs. Per referral guidelines, provide appropriate clinical information to specialist.
- Contacts review organizations and insurance companies to ensure prior approval requirements are met.
- Presents necessary medical information such as history, diagnosis and prognosis. Provides specific medical information to financial services to maximize reimbursement to the hospital and physicians
- Sets appointments and processes transfers to ensure timely transmission and start of services.
- Assists patients in problem solving potential issues related to the health care system, financial or social barriers.
- Acts as a liaison for patient resources
- Ensures that the patient's primary care chart is up to date with information on specialist consults, hospitalizations, ER visits and community organization related to their health.
- Performs administrative tasks to make recommendations to people in need of services, as well as relaying important information to companies and organizations
- Participates in various telephonic outreach campaigns, engaging members in wellness, prevention, and care coordination efforts
- 2+ years of recent Referral Coordinator experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to engage members telephonically
- Experience in work processing and spreadsheet software/basic database applications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Use of Word, Excel, Facets, EZCap/EZCare, FaxPlus is a strong plus
- Hybrid schedule, offering two work from home days
- Opportunity to help patients align with the best Providers via referrals
- Monday-Friday, 8a-5p
- When you work as a contract employee through Team1Medical Staffing, you are eligible to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!