Houston, TX 77002 US
- Provide medical nutrition therapy and nutrition education to patients using the nutrition care process.
- Capture information from patient encounters in the medical record using the ADIME format and per departmental guidelines and standards of practice.
- Allocate time and services according to a patient’s nutritional risk status and impact on the healthcare system.
- Participate in multidisciplinary, team rounds, and departmental meetings.
- Work collaboratively to achieve departmental and system goals and objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, including the Harris Health policies and procedures.
- Complete Vaccination against COVID-19 is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics, Food Science, or Nutrition is required; A Master’s degree in Dietetics, Food Science, or Nutrition is highly preferred.
- Certification in a dietetics-related area, RDN-AP, CSR, CSOWM, CSO, CSP, CNSC, CSCES, and BC-ADM is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience in Dietetics or Nutrition is preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (Excel and Word) is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication, time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills are preferred.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday and work either the Day Shift (7:00 am to 3:30 pm) or the Night Shift (2:30 pm – 11:00 pm), or work a shift of Monday, Thursday, Friday, 2:30 pm – 11:00 pm, and Saturday and Sunday, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm.
- This temporary position has the full potential of becoming a temp-to-hire position and will be assigned to a correctional health facility.
- Once hired full-time, you can apply for the benefits, which include PTO, Dental and Health Plans, 401K, and Employee Assistance Programs!
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Meet Your Recruiter
Olivia Gonzalez, CHP
Olivia received her bachelor’s in human resources from the University of Houston. She joined Team1Medical in 2021 as a Staffing Consultant working to enrich Houston’s healthcare by matching healthcare organizations and top-notch candidates to offer the best patient care. In November 2022, Olivia earned her Certified Health Care Staffing Professional® (CHP) certification. Trustworthy, compassionate and a detailed-oriented communicator, Olivia wants to help people find a job they love. She believes that people are the most important asset to any organization and her goal is to help our candidates and clients in enriching their careers and internal resources.
In her free time, Olivia is an enthusiast of music, movies and relaxing with family and friends.