Senior Public Health Educator
Houston, TX 77002 US
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate specialized health education demonstrations, activities, and programs in the clinic and within the community.
- Target and promote specific preventive campaigns and health fairs, i.e., immunizations, measles outbreaks, encephalitis, etc.
- Plan, conduct, and evaluate in-service training programs on health education.
- Coordinate section activities with other agencies or departmental health education programs.
- Preview and evaluate new health education pamphlets, visual aids, teaching materials, etc.
- Explain the health education programs and services of the division to the community and private sectors.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Behavioral Science, or a closely related field, such as Public Health, is required; A Master’s degree in Education, Behavioral Science, or a closely related field is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of Public Health, Education, or a closely related field are required.
- Experience with community engagement and outreach is required
- Experience in delivering and evaluating health education content in one-on-one or group settings is required
- Multi-lingual in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, and Mandarin is required
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drugs screen and criminal background check
- Help to improve the health of area citizens in your community
- Opportunity to develop your skills and gain more experience
- As part of the onboarding process, your immunization records will be verified, and immunizations will be administered for any outdated boosters on your first day of employment
- The building is located near Downtown Houston and is surrounded by quality restaurants, various shopping outlets, and city attractions to enjoy during breaks and lunch!
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Meet Your Recruiter
Taylor joined Team1Medical in 2022, having started her career in the industrial industry sourcing, recruiting, and managing more than 50 employees throughout the Houston and Seattle area. She enjoys meeting new people and says that her integrity, compassion, and loyalty are the reasons why candidates and clients trust her. Taylor believes that finding the right person for a role is like finding the right piece to a puzzle, very rewarding.
Outside of the office, Taylor is constantly on a mission to make her next adventure better than the last.