Speech Therapist (Burleson)
Burleson, TX 76028 US
- Participates in the eligibility determination, assessment and evaluation process for infants and toddlers referred with communication and/or feeding and swallowing concerns.
- Participates in IFSP meetings for children demonstrating communication and or feeding needs by sharing evaluation/assessment information and assisting with the development of the IFSP.
- Provides routine-based speech therapy in the natural environment using a coaching model and collaborative documentation.
- Communicates and collaborates on an ongoing basis with service coordinators, parents, and IFSP team members and, with parental consent, communicates with medical, educational, and social entities for the purpose of establishing and reviewing therapeutic needs.
- Manages individual caseload in a manner that supports all children in the program receiving quality services for identified speech therapy needs in a timely manner.
- Maintains and submits all required documentation daily.
- Meets performance expectations (see addendum).
- Participates in project groups, committee’s child finds activities and interagency program planning as requested by the Chief of ECI.
- May serve as Service Coordinator for infants and toddlers with speech, language, communication, feeding and swallowing disorders. (See SC addendum, if appropriate)
- May organize and facilitate (inclusive) community groups, activities and opportunities for children with communication, feeding and swallowing disorders.
- May serve as the Program Lead for SLP’s.
- May serve as the Division lead for SLP’s.
- May provide training to ECI staff and the community.
- May supervise SLP-Assistant(s).
- May supervise CLP-CF(s).
- Knowledge of typical birth to age three growth and development.
- Knowledge about developmental delays in children birth to three years.
- Knowledge of medical diagnosis and conditions and their impact or potential impact on birth to three growth and development.
- Knowledge of infant-toddler evaluation and assessment protocols, curriculums, methodologies, therapeutic strategies, techniques and monitoring/measuring progress; especially related to communication, feeding and swallowing.
- Knowledge of comprehension of the IFSP process.
- Must have SLP licensing/registration requirements
- Must have a master’s degree
- Certificate of Clinical Competency or Clinical Fellowship Year
- Current Texas Licensure in field of Speech Language Pathology
- Must have a Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Great opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience.
- When you work as a contract employee through Team1Medical Staffing, you are eligible to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Meet Your Recruiter
Taylor joined Team1Medical in 2022, having started her career in the industrial industry sourcing, recruiting, and managing more than 50 employees throughout the Houston and Seattle area. She enjoys meeting new people and says that her integrity, compassion, and loyalty are the reasons why candidates and clients trust her. Taylor believes that finding the right person for a role is like finding the right piece to a puzzle, very rewarding.
Outside of the office, Taylor is constantly on a mission to make her next adventure better than the last.