Workers' Comp Collector
Houston, TX 77077 US
- Follow all processes and procedures set by the Training Coordinator and department leadership.
- Understand the changes in guidelines, billing guidelines, and laws for specific insurance carriers or payers.
- Initiate collection follow-up on all unpaid or denied claims with the appropriate insurance carrier.
- Research, appeal, and resolve unpaid insurance claims
- Actively follow up and collect all insurance claims, including resolutions of billing errors assigned following established procedures
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with insurance follow-up and collections required
- Experience in reading, analyzing, and interpreting EOBs is required
- Knowledge of both In Network and Out of Network Facility and Physician Claims is highly preferred
- Advanced proficiency in EPower, Centricity, and Windows PC applications is highly desired
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
- Free covered parking
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm.
- The building is in the Westchase District, surrounded by various restaurants and shopping outlets to enjoy during lunchtime.
- Once hired full-time, you can enroll in a comprehensive benefits package that includes a 401(k), medical, vision, dental insurance, and more!
- During your employment with Team1Medical Staffing, you can enroll in our benefits program, including medical (3 plans to choose from), dental, disability, critical illness, life, vision, accident, and behavioral health insurance. Additional benefits include 401K, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
Meet Your Recruiter
Olivia Gonzalez, CHP
Olivia received her bachelor’s in human resources from the University of Houston. She joined Team1Medical in 2021 as a Staffing Consultant working to enrich Houston’s healthcare by matching healthcare organizations and top-notch candidates to offer the best patient care. In November 2022, Olivia earned her Certified Health Care Staffing Professional® (CHP) certification. Trustworthy, compassionate and a detailed-oriented communicator, Olivia wants to help people find a job they love. She believes that people are the most important asset to any organization and her goal is to help our candidates and clients in enriching their careers and internal resources.
In her free time, Olivia is an enthusiast of music, movies and relaxing with family and friends.