Workers' Compensation MVA Claims Specialist
Houston, TX 77077
Team1Medical is seeking an Insurance Reimbursement Specialist is responsible for the collections of insurance claims pertaining to Worker’s Compensation along with Motor Vehicle Accident claims. Essential to this position is the ability to manage all collection follow up for maximum insurance reimbursement. To include outbound and inbound insurance carrier calls, reprocessing claims, working denials and resolving unpaid claims. Calling attorney’s office, completing deposition questionnaire’s, along with medical record retrieval experience a must!
Workers' Compensation MVA Claims Specialist Responsibilities:
- Understanding and staying informed of the changes with procedures, billing guidelines, and laws for specific insurance carries or payers.
- Initiating collection follow-up on all unpaid or denied claims with appropriate insurance carrier.
- Research, and resolve unpaid insurance claims.
- Actively follow up and collect on all claims, including resolution of any billing errors assigned following established procedures.
- Follow up with attorney office on unpaid claims.
- Respond to correspondence from insurance carries.
- Perform other duties as assigned by department manager.
Workers' Compensation MVA Claims Specialist Qualifications:
- 3+ years of workers' compensation & motor vehicle accident claims experience
- Ability to have a productive phone conversation with the insurances companies and attorney’s representative.
- Knowledge and understanding of the difference between 1st and 3rd party claims.
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving skills and negotiating skills.
- Understands the TMB guidelines for Medical Record Retrieval.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of CMR, EPower and Centricity desired.
Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. The successful applicant will have to get up to speed quickly after hired and therefore, the client will only consider those who meet all the criteria listed above.
Company culture & perks:
- Growth oriented company with immediate plans for expansion
- Direct contact with the community that you live in
- Recognition, cultivation and rewards for your talent
- Opportunities for challenges, learning and advancement with a company aligned with a long term aggressive growth strategy
- An organization has endured challenging economic cycles and have shown to be stable and secure
- Numerous tenured professions with experience and knowledge from which to learn
- Hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
When you work as a contract employee through Team1Medical Staffing, you are eligible to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as pet insurance, credit union membership, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!