Workers Compensations MVA Claims Specialist
Houston, TX 77077
Team1Medical is seeking an Insurance Reimbursement Specialist responsible for the collections of insurance claims pertaining to Worker’s Compensation and Motor Vehicle Accident claims.
Medical Collections Specialist Responsibilities
- Initiate collection follow-up on all unpaid or denied claims with appropriate insurance carrier
- Call attorney’s offices relating to MVA claims
- Complete deposition questionnaires
- Medical Record retrieval
- Manage a high volume of outbound phone calls to insurance carriers
- Draft appeals for unpaid or denied insurance claims
- Work with denials and resolve unpaid claim issues
- Research all information needed to complete the billing process
- Actively follow up and collect on all electronic claims, including resolution of any billing errors
Medical Collections Specialist Qualifications
To be considered for the Medical Collections Specialist position, you will need the following:
- 5+ years’ experience in submitting letters of appeal in a high-volume claims environment
- 5+ years’ experience in insurance follow up and insurance collections
- Experience in reading EOB’s [Eligibility of Benefits forms]: required and tested on
- Out of network claims experience required
- Previous experience doing claims for Free Standing Emergency Rooms preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
Please read the qualifications for this position carefully. The successful applicant will have to get up to speed quickly after hired and therefore, the client will only consider those who meet all the criteria listed above.
Company culture & perks
- Positive culture with minimal turnover
- Great location in Southwest Houston: easy access to freeways, restaurants, and shopping nearby
- New location offers new facilities including work stations and kitchen
- Free covered parking
- Excellent hours! Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Competitive benefit package
- During the contract portion of this temp-to-hire role, you will work as an employee through Team1Medical Staffing, where you are eligible to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as pet insurance, credit union membership, direct deposit, and our referral bonus program!
With your MVA and Worker’s Compensation experience, this rapidly expanding company awaits your application. Interview today – start tomorrow!